LD Clerk Exam 2024: Kerala PSC LDC online application form
With over 15 lakh applications, KPSC’s LD Clerk (LDC) Exam is arguably the largest recruitment test for a government position in the State of Kerala. Held every two to three years, the Kerala PSC LD Clerk Exam is a starting point of entry for many government cadres (e.g., village assistant under the Revenue department), leading to even gazetted positions (e.g., Deputy Collector) through promotions. The good news is that Kerala PSC has begun collecting online applications for the LD Clerk Exam 2024. View the following sections to learn more about the LDC vacancy in detail, along with the online application procedure.
Applicants in the age group 18-36* may apply online for the LD Clerk Exam by visiting the PSC Thulasi website starting from November 30, 2023, till January 03-01-2024 midnight. Download and read the official Kerala PSC LDC notification 2024 (category number: 503/2023). After that, click the grey “Check Eligibility” button to begin the application process.
Click on the following image (GIF) to see the Kerala PSC LD Clerk application progress.
How to submit Kerala PSC LDC online application
Over the past few years, the Kerala PSC has switched to an online application process. Consequently, those wishing to apply for the LD Clerk Exam or any other PSC recruitment must register with the Commission once through Thulasi portal.
- First, time applicants need to sign-up for a user profile to the KPSC Thulasi website.
- Next, login to PSC Tulasi profile, using the username and password.
- In the homage, click on Notifications button, in second row.
- Find the 4th link District-Wise Direct-General and click on to see the active notifications under this category.
- Now move the cursor and find the LD Clerk Notification 2024 bearing a catory number [503/2023] towards end of the page.
- Click on “Check Eligibility” to see whether you’re eligible to apply online for PSC LD Clerk Exam.
- If it is saying that you’re not eligible, click on the “My Profile” link on the right side.
- Then click on “Add/View” Profile details button. Finally, select to open the link “Educational qualifications.” Press the Add button and input the details of your 10th class certificate, which is the basic qualifications for LD Clerk Exam.
- Check the eligibility again after furnishing the educational qualification.
- Now you will find a Blue “Apply Now button.” activated on your profile. Press on that to start filling the LD Clerk application form.
- You will see your photo and signature that you had uploaded during to the PSC one-time registration process. Input the Name and Date just as given the photo.
- Tick the four boxes under ” I here by Declare that” and click next.
- Finally, on the next page, enter your District and choose the examination center where you would like to attend the Kerala PSC LDC Exam in 2024.
KPSC will accept the application form when you click the submit.
- That’s it you have enrolled for KPSC LD Clerk recruitment process. You will get an SMS notification from PSC confirming your registration.
- Optionally you may download the completed LDC registration form from the application menu in KPSC Thulasi home page.
Quick facts from KPSC LD Clerk Exam 2024 notification
|Vacancy: LDC (Lower Division Clerk)||Details from Notification|
|Job Category||Clerk (to various Kerala Government departments including Revenue, Police, Local administration, Education, Judiciary, Agriculture, tax and others)|
|Recruiting Agency||Kerala PSC|
|Mode of Exam||Offline|
|Educational Qualification||Class 10 Pass (degree holders eligible)|
|Age||18-36 yrs (relaxation applicable)|
|LDC Notification||Download KPSC LD Clerk notification (dated 30-11-2023)|
|Date of Examination||May/June 2024*|
|Procedure of Selection||Single OMR Exam> Short list> verification of certificates> Rank list > Advice.|
LD Clerk Eligibility requirements
Simple eligibility requirements are one of the reasons Kerala PSC’s LD Clerk and Last Grade Exams has such a high turnout. Currently, the Clerk positions requires passing Class 10. Raising the educational threshold to a + 12 is in discussion, but it has been met with opposition from applicants.
The age relaxation applies to the following groups: SC/ST (5 years), OBC (3 years), Ex-Service Men, Current State Employees, and Disabled, with a maximum higher age limit of 50 years.
Profile of LD Clerk position in Kerala government
Be it a Panchayat or Secretariat, a clerk is everywhere in the Kerala government system. They are in the Municipal Department, Corporations, Secretariat, Minister’s office, MVD, agriculture, revenue, sales tax, registration, accounts, fisheries, and all other State agencies. LDCs are the biggest workforce when you take any Govt. department in Kerala State except the home security. We can call the Clerks as the pillars of State machinery who helps it’s offices run smoothly and efficiently.
Kerala Government recently renamed the LD Clerk position as “Clerk” but still everywhere the job is known as “LDC.” KPSC runs the LD Clerk Recruitment in an interval of three years and prepares a list of winners. Usually, a PSC LD Clerk list is valid for three years, but sometimes the government extends the validity of the list. As per the latest figure, more than 4000 people have already got Clerk employment (advice) through the current PSC LD Clerk list (2022), and more will get placement from the same list until the results of the LD Clerk Exam 2024 comes into effective in the early months of 2025.
LD Clerk Salary and Promotion
Right now, the Clerks in the Kerala Government falls in the salary scale ranging from 26500 to 60700. When you add the DA and other allowances, the LD Clerks selected the in 2024’s exam will take at least 31000 as the monthly salary when they get the appointment in 2025. Out of which around 5000-6000 INR will be deducted towards pension and insurance schemes. The LD Clerks have the best opportunity for promotions, and the type of the progression they get depends on the department where they get selected. Given below are the salary and designations of the most common LD Clerk grades in Kerala.
As we have mentioned earlier, the designation Clerk changes with the department where they are employed. For example, if you get selection in the revenue department you will be known as the village assistant. Later, through department tests, a Village Assistant may become Village officer, RDO or even deputy collector. Someone entering as a Clerk in Panchayat at a younger age has the prospect of becoming a Deputy Director; that is the beauty of LD Clerk opportunity.
LD Clerk Exam 2024 syllabus
This time, the Kerala PSC didn’t mention much about the LD Clerk Exam in the recruitment notification. As per the sources, the exams will be carried out in the first quarter of 2024. The test will be in the multi-choice format, without negative marking. Although we don’t have any word on the pattern of the exam, most of us believe that long followed the syllabus of the LD Clerk Exam would repeat.
Applicants may take the LD Clerk Exam Malayalam, Tamil or Kannada Language. Those who have applied for recruitment will get a hall ticket for their examinations, which will include the venue and date of the PSC exam. You may download the same by logging into the KPSC Thulasi website.
PSC’s LDC Examination dates 2024:
Kerala PSC gives at least 3-4 months for the applicants to prepare for the LD Clerk Exam. If they follow the previous patterns, the next LD Clerk Exam would in May or June 2024. Stay tuned to your KPSC Thulasi profile for updates on exam dates.
How to prepare for PSC LD Clerk Exam.
Someone who has appeared for the bank exams or any large scale recruitment would see the syllabus of the Kerala PSC LD Clerk Exam as easy. But syllabus is not what make this recruitment tight. When more 15 Lakh candidates, even postgraduates, are applying, each mark counts; your speed and memory power is the key to success in LD Clerk Exam.
A six-month preparation time is much less for the KPSC LDC exam. Attending a PSC coaching class is the best decision an applicant can take if he or she is serious about the recruitment. You may also download the previous year’s question papers from the Internet or get a book from your local store to start with your LD Clerk preparation.
If you have experience of purchasing online, we recommend Talent academy’s LD Clerk Rank File 2024 for preparing the upcoming LDC Exam; buy it from Amazon. This text is based on the latest syllabus of the LDC Exam and will definitely help you acquire the essential information.